Greater Shell Nebula
The Greater Shell Nebula is a large dim group of gases and dark clouds measuring around seven parsecs coreward-rimward by around six parsecs spinward-trailing. The nebula has a large "tail" extending for nearly five parsecs to rimward.
- It is classified as a reflection nebula and is primarily formed of ionized gases, thrown off by the stars at its center many millennia ago.
- The gases consist of about 90% hydrogen (H2), with the remainder made up of helium (He), oxygen (O2), nitrogen (N2), and other elements. The clouds have a mean density of 10–6 particles/cm³. Its central regions are relatively denser.
A trinary star systems lie at its core:
Hex Location: 1007 Coro Sector. 2 Gas Giants.
Trinary Solar System
GSN1-abc Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks GSN1-abc Primary Primary White A4 II None GSN1-abc Companion Secondary Yellow G1 V None GSN1-abc Far Companion Tertiary Red M1 V None
The positions and types of the stars present within the Greater Shell Nebula have been cataloged as part of the University of Selasia Spinward Survey. The nebula is named for its twisted conical shape, supposedly resembling a large seashell.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science