- Calculations show the wavefront is moving at about 1 parsec per year or 23.5 au per hour.
- Some have called it a Wave of Craziness.
The psionic effect of the Empress Wave causes a number of undesirable effects in psions, which may include madness, sociopathic violence and suicide. The effect itself is said to contain intense emotional effects, which are difficult to understand or control for most psions. Existing psionic suppressive devices and shields of sufficiently high capacity can block or diffuse the effect.
- Some theorists believe that the Empress Wave carries a coded psionic message of sorts, but this theory is largely unconfirmed by known sources.
- First rumors of the Wave reached the Imperium during the Fourth Frontier War pointing to severe problems in the upstate of the Zhodani Consulate.
Wave Study Projects
Several projects been launched, when Strephon realized the devastating effect of the Empress Wave.
- The goal of the Avery Project was to genetically engineer a human with high psionic powers to research the Empress Wave.
- The goal of the CABAl project was to use SuSAGs Better than Life technology to control a human crew during transits within the Empress Wave.
- The distribution of JumpStart caches started for the case, that new knowledge gained by Avery could not solve the Empress Wave problem.
Very little is conclusively known about the Empress Wave.
- Several sophont scientists on the scientific community's fringe have been studying it.
- The news certainly hasn't yet reached the greater public through the News Services of Charted Space.
Empress Wave Advancement Table
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has a secret.|
- Dave Nilsen. Survival Margin (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 7.
- Martin Dougherty. Out Of The Darkness (Avenger Enterprises, 2006), 12,72,107,121-125.
- Don McKinney. Zhodani (Mongoose Publishing, 2011), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Agent of the Imperium (Far Future Enterprises, 2015), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science