Great Suluran Shoal
Details / Specifications
The Great Suluran Shoal is an irregularly shaped astrographic region measuring approximately 7 parsecs coreward-rimward by 9 parsecs spinward-trailing and affecting an area covering approximately 25 parsecs of space. Aspects of spacetime and jump physics appear to function differently within its general boundaries. It is not visible to the naked eye or to most conventional sensors.
The Great Suluran Shoal bears striking similarities to the Harmal Strange and Unstable Space regions lying within Halcyon and Far Home Sectors. The University of Selasia's astrophysical survey programs (applying a small degree of comprehension gained through the study of those local anomalies) have allowed the shoal to be detected and charted by indirect observation methods. Studies of the Great Suluran Shoal region are ongoing, though no definitive conclusions have yet been reached concerning its nature.
- A Jump-1 ship will not be able to enter jumpspace at all in this region; any vessel attempting to do so will suffer drive damage, as well as damage to its physical structure.
- A Jump-2 capable vessel should be able to enter jump within the shoal. It will function as though performing a Jump-2 but will only cover one parsec before being dropped back into normal space. Fuel consumption during the jump is at normal rates for the drive.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Martin Dougherty The Great Rift, (Mongoose Traveller, 2018)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science