|IISS Grav Cycle|
The Scout Grav Cycle can carry one driver and one passenger. Its parabolic nose and windshield are designed for both streamlined flight and to protect its riders. Carrying 280 liters of fuel, the craft can mount 800 kg thrust for 78 twenty-four hour days. In eight hour shifts, the fuel supply will last for 234 days.
Unloaded, the grav cycle weights 110kg. Fully loaded at 360kg, the cycle has a top speed of 300kph, a cruising speed of 225 kph, and an NOE speed of 190kph. A hatch in the rear opens to a cargo space capable of holding 50 liters of equipment and supplies.
The grav bike has built-in avionics, giving it good nap-of-the-earth capabilities.
Mercenary units often use these vehicles for artillery forward observers because they tend to be faster than grav belts and can carry additional weapons. Laser carbines and rifles are common for these troops along with a mapbox and good secure communication links to allow them to adjust indirect fire missions.
- Owen's Onslaught The Lunatic Model
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller DGP Grand Survey
- Grand Census
- Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 14
- Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide
- Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook (pg. 365)
- MegaTraveller World Builder's Handbook
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science