Grav Caps are a gravitic technology medical device designed to help amputees.
- It is a medical device, a type of high technology prosthetic.
The device is generally two caps that fit over the ends of amputated legs allowing a contragrav field to mitigate most of the consequences of having a lost limb.
- The devices can be designed with a wide variety of technological capabilities including cyberware aspects.
- Some versions not only allow practical ped ambulation, but also enable grav-assisted pseudo-flight.
The technology doesn't really mature until the TL:13-15 technological epoch. Prototypes are available at earlier TL's, but have strong technological limitations. Limb regeneration technologies also tend to mature in this period undercutting the market success of this medical device.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Cirque: The Usual Suspects
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science