A Gram is a unit of measurement of weight.
A gram is a frequently used unit of measurement of weight.
- The standard abbreviation is g.
MKS and CGS Units
The MKS system of units is a physical system of measurement based on the meter as the unit of length, the kilogram as the unit of mass, and the second as the unit of time. Smaller scale measurements may utilize the CGS system, based on the centimeter as the unit of length, the gram as the unit of mass, and the second as the unit of time. The system has broad applications within science, engineering and commerce.
Term Usage Example
The Gram was first defined as a unit of weight on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the Gram useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
No information yet available.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak