|Gorgon/Egyrn (Trojan Reach 1005)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Gorgon is a low-population desert hellworld, with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts struggling to survive in a inhospitable environment.
- Living on a hellworld is a constant struggle. Nearly every day and sometimes even hourly, the inhabitants of this world face life-threatening challenges.
- A Prison World, exile camp, or prison camp for criminals or other exiles is located upon this world in addition to other points of interest.
- It is a member of the Belgardian Sojurnate in the Egyrn Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the minor polity called the Belgardian Sojournate.
- Gorgon is a captive government controlled by neighboring Belgard (1106), and used as an exile planet for Sojourn recalcitrants.
Life is extremely harsh for the exiles, as the surface is exposed to constant high-velocity winds. In some areas the vegetation has adapted by growing in umbrellate forms to an average height of two meters. The micro-climate under this layer is just bearable to the few hundred inhabitants who live there in shelters of organic construction. This population, a prison society, mines for copper, zinc, palladium, silver and tin.
Some untouched rare earth deposits will show up on a full planetary survey, and the trunk and limb wood of the Parasol Trees has a tensile strength amongst the highest recorded for a natural material. Planetary landings are particularly hazardous.