This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Glenshiel/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 1912)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This world has promising economic future although it needs to recruit a larger labor force in order to achieve the desired prosperity.
- This die back world was once settled and developed, but the inhabitants have either died off or left leaving behind the remnants of their civilization.
- It is a Client State of the Principality of Caledon located in the Caledon Subsector of the Reaver's Deep Sector.
- This world contains a xeno-archaeological site with suspected high-tech remnants of the now-vanished Saie precursor race.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Glenshiel is a backwater world, beyond the bounds of the Principality of Caledon but still heavily under the influence of Caledon (Reaver's Deep 1815). It is a Protectorate, enjoying favorable trade relations and naval support from the Principality, but without representation in the House of Delegates or the Grand Senate.
- Glenshiel is also noted as the site of Anekthor, an imposing, triple-peaked mountain on the Jura plateau. Shrouded in mystery, it has never been successfully climbed, and is reputed home of the strange animals known as "Windstalkers" - which defy the world's known biology.
- This system is part of the Claverse Cluster.
Glenshiel Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Glenshiel Primary Yellow-White F6 V None
Primary: Sassenach's Eye, spectral class F6V. ICN S4G0302F6V. Mass 1.25 standard. Stellar diameter 1.3 standard. Luminosity 3.04 standard.
Planetary System: Twelve major bodies. One inhabited world (Glenshiel, VI). Two gas giants. No planetoid belts.
VI Glenshiel: Mean orbital radius, 261.8 million kilometers (1.75 AU). Period, 756.3 days. No satellites. Diameter, 17,174 kilometers. Density, 1.0 standard. Mass, 1.95 standard. Mean surface gravity, 1.25 G. Rotation period: 29 hours, 48 minutes, 56 seconds. Axial inclination, 2°41'14.0". Albedo, .29. Surface atmospheric pressure, 2.4 atm. Composition, standard oxygen-nitrogen mix, breathable by humans without artificial assistance. Hydrographic percentage, 82%; composition, water and frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, 32° C.
Point of Interest: Crash Jura
The world is famous in scientific circles as the location of an important archeological find, Crash Jura.
History & Background (Dossier)
Glenshiel has been settled for only 250 years, since Sir James Armstrong of Caledon founded the settlement now known as Armstrong's Landing.
- Sir James, who embraced the ideals of a "back-to-nature" movement which at that time enjoyed quite a bit of popularity on Caledon, founded the Glenshiel settlement as a wilderness retreat for those who wished to escape from the frantic pace of modern life. After his death, however, the colony slowly began to fall away from his original ideals.
- It is now an agricultural community, and Ben Laren, the smaller of two cities on the world, has become a fishing town where Bladefish from the Northfar Sea are caught and exported; they are popular as a delicacy in the Principality and in the Imperial territories to trailing.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), . (named but no further data)
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium
- Classic Traveller Escape
- Classic Traveller Cargonaut Press Scam, Rogues in Space Vol. 2
- Classic Traveller Duneraiders (book)
- Classic Traveller Cargonaut Press Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook
- Classic Traveller Gamelords Ascent to Anekthor
- Classic Traveller Gamelords Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (data-generated)
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA Far Traveller 1
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA Far Traveller 2
- Periodical: Classic Traveller Traveller's Digest #16
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Challenge54 (pg. 20)
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 05 in Article: 'Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector'
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 06
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 07 in Article: 'A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector'
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 4
- Periodical: Into the Deep 4
- EXTERNAL LINK: archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science