No information or synopsis yet available.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Historical Linguistics)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
- Spoken Ginsharian consists of eight (8) tonal sounds, similar to musical notes, that can be placed in one of 8 octaves. For a Human listener, Ginsharian would sound like a rapid series of whistling, varying in pitch. Four of the 8 octaves Ginsharian is spoken in are inaudible to Humans, being either above or below the range of hearing. These tonal sounds equate to numbers from zero to seven (an octal number system), replicating the written version of Ginsharian.
- The Ginsharian language can also be transmitted between speakers tactilely, and electronically.
- Ginsharians with TXNA genetics can generally communicate by tactile means transferring information electronically between them. Two of the same model can share data such that each would subsequently think they had experienced all the transferred information themselves.
- Many TXNA Ginsharians can communicate by touch with electronics, computers, and other AI directly.
- All TXNA Ginsharians can also be communicated with, as receivers, via transmitted electronic data such as by radio.
Written Ginsharian is an octal numeric language written in blocks of 8 single digits. These blocks form letters, numbers, words, and ideas. It is possible for other races with the help of a computer or electronic means to decipher Ginsharian or reply in it. The eight symbols used are the same as the first eight digits of the Solomani number system from 0 to 7.
Morphology is the study of the internal structure of words.
- As a purely computer / machine language, there is no inflection of wording. All Ginsharian has specific wording in a specific sequence that both speaker / writer and listener / reader understand as one would a computer program.
Phonology, the study of the sound systems of a language.
- phoneme, allophone, segment, mora, syllable, foot, stress, tone, etc.
Grammar is the structure of a language.
- tense, aspect, mood and modality, grammatical number, grammatical gender, case, etc.
Syntax is the study of how words combine to form grammatical sentences.
- phrase, clause, grammatical function, grammatical voice, etc.
No information yet available.
A lexicon is the word supply of a language.
- word, lexeme, lemma, lexicon, vocabulary, terminology, etc.
Semantics is the study of the meaning of words (lexical semantics), and how these combine to form the meanings of sentences.
- meaning, sense, entailment, truth condition, compositionality, etc.
Pragmatics is the study of how language is used by its speakers.
- A TXNA Ginsharians can speak using this language system while also communicating in another language. That is, they are capable of overlaying it on top of a language like Vilani.
History & Background (Historical Linguistics)
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This language is primarily in use in the following areas: Ginshar (world)
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.
|This article is missing source reference/s. At least one reference, citation, or author if non-canon should be listed for most articles.|