Geonee Cultural Region
History & Background (Dossier)
The Geonee Cultural Region is rich in Ancient artifacts.
- The Imperium has verified that artifacts have been recovered from Lagna (Massilia 1029) and Shiwonee (Massilia 1430); the Geonee themselves claim that all eight of their worlds were originally inhabited by the "Geonee"; that is, the Ancients.
- One interesting point is that all eight systems contain extensive asteroid belts.
- The Geonee claim that these are the remnants of worlds destroyed in the Final War, but most Imperial scientists dispute this, while admitting that the frequency of belts is, statistically speaking, unusually high.
- The Shiwonee system has three asteroid belts; Shiwonee itself is quite active, seismically, with quakes being common and 44 active volcanoes dotting the globe.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Geonee Cultural Region is characterized as having a high degree of centralization, which sets uniform policies that direct the entire multi-system state and disregards local (planetary) differences. The Geonee Cultural Region government is usually classified as a Federal Republic, a form of a Unitary State.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
Geonee maintain local constabularies and are garrisoned by the Imperial military.
- The Geonee also maintain a private military known as the Geonee Self Defense Forces.
- See Geonee Self Defense Forces for more information.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
World Listing: 1116
The following worlds can be found within this entity:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller (Adventure 2) Research Station Gamma
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 11 by Author & Contributor: Gary L. Thomas
- Marc Miller's Traveller T4 First Survey
- GURPS Traveller: Humaniti