Gaspar Belt (world)
|Gaspar Belt/Beckann (Gateway 1530)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Gaspar Belt is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and are both non-agricultural and nonindustrial in nature.
- These worldlets warrant hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- They require extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- The worldlets are, for the most part, unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- These worldlets have very few prospect for economic expansion.
- It is a member of the Viyard Concourse in the Beckann Subsector of Gateway Sector.
An asteroid belt important primarily as a mining and resource center. Gaspar itself is the large, ringed gas giant that serves as the system's principal fueling point. The refinery and storage facilities on Gaspar Eta, largest of the giant's satellites, were heavily damaged in a recent raid by mercenaries said to be hired by the Galians.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.