|Gasha/Arar (Massilia 1508)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Gasha is a poor, nonindustrial desert world with no free-standing water.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Arar Subsector of Massilia Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- During the Long Night this world was named Uugbi.
- The world is home to the Ilraiki, a sophont species and minor race.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Gasha is a cold, desert planet and the location of the Yamashi Research Institute. The Institute colonized Gasha in 453 to study the Ilraiki race and its evolutionary adaptation to this planet as it grew colder. Gasha's climatic change was caused by an increase in its orbital diameter due to the near passage of another star.
- Astronomical calculations place the star RS-6732C-5f only one-half of a light-year from Gasha's primary approximately 150,000 years ago. This close passage disturbed the course of both suns and their attendant planets to such an extent that the systems are proving a valuable laboratory in the study of adaptive evolution.
Gasha Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Gasha Primary Yellow G4 V
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Gasha is a member of the Imperium and is host to Research Station Alpha (Massilia).
- After the Rebellion in 1116, Gasha declared its allegiance to Lucan.