Garrison class Troop Transport
|Garrison class Troop Transport|
|Type: IT Troop Transport|
|Also see||Troop Transport|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr2,118.527 in quantity 1,694.822|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Garrison class Troop Transport is a warship.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
The streamlined needle/wedge hull is reinforced with very light armor plating. The ship is fitted with fuel scoops and fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. They have a Model/5 fib ship computer adjacent to the bridge.
Capable of 2G acceleration and 1-Agility. It carries enough internal fuel for a Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. It is fitted with Jump-2 drop tanks for trans-rift extended range.
It carries twenty triple missile turrets, two triple beam laser turrets, two triple sand caster turrets, and four dual plasma gun turrets. They carry 403 marines, with 400 drop capsules, a platoon of four Air/Rafts, and a pair of 30 ton recovery boats.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
It serves with the Nexus Fleet Forces as part of the NFF Task Forces to deliver large numbers of marines on time and on target, this design is built at Nexus (Ha 1526) (world) around massive crew quarters. An older design still in the inventory.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type IT class Troop Transport
- Caine class Troop Transport
- Dominion class Troop Transport
- Garrison class Troop Transport
- Gram class Troop Transport
- Heward class Troop Transport
- Ihatei class Transport
- Khas'ahi class Troop Transport
- Kitzukhan class Troop Transport
- Notorious class Troop Transport
- Ronkli class Combat Transport
- Sanlunche class Troop Transport
- Type MLSI class Military Landing Ship Infantry
- Un Vaeg class Troop Transport
- Vey class Troop Transport
- Yawl class Troop Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science