Library Data Referral Tree
- B: Biology / Biotechnology (Bio-)
- Artificial Womb
- Bio-Identenoid (Typoid)
- Genetic Engineering AKA Geneering
- Personality Recording
- Relict Regeneration
- Replacement Body Part
A fungoid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- It is a heterotrophic organism, frequently acting as a decomposer.
- It is typically either extremely sedentary or completely non-motile.
- It displays at least two distinct morphological stages, typically described as developmental and reproductive.
- It has a chitinous rather than a cellulose structure.
- It is non-photosynthetic and is not dependent on light.
Specific Species Examples
- Afinajo Fungus, a lifeform native to Buagki in Corridor Sector.
- Devi Intelligence
Most biologists agree that a creature should exhibit at least two of the characteristics associated with fungi to qualify as a fungoid, though others set the limit at three, in keeping with other animal classifications. The term is necessarily generic.
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science