Fringian Long-Range Scout
Long-Range Scouts perform scouting and research missions.
The Long-Range Scout is a survey vessel occasionally encountered within the Distant Fringe region. It is classified as a Research Ship and is constructed as a long-range design, with the ability to jump 4 parsecs. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
- The class are involved in political and industrial espionage far more frequently than they are employed in exploration.
- Long-Range Scouts are designed to be powered down for extended periods. Many of their onboard electronic systems are extremely power-efficient, maximizing their endurance and allowing them to remain on station for extended periods.
Selected Example Ships
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science