Fringian Light Cart
The Light Cart is a type of Ground Car.
A very low tech animal-powered vehicle designed for commercial use.
No information yet available.
Hull / Suspension
A lightweight box-shaped hull constructed from iron and wood.
- Length: 3.5m (plus harnessing shafts), Width: 1.7m, Height: 2.2m.
- Overall volume: approximately 13.1m³ (1 dTon).
- Unloaded Weight: 230 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the hull is substantially lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on an axle. The Light Cart has two wheels.
Power / Transmission
A Beast of Burden (most commonly a horse) capable of moving up to 700 kg.
The animal is harnessed between a pair of 2.2m long shafts attached to the axle.
- Cruise Speed: 5 kph, Top Speed: 15 kph (trotting).
- Range: 10 hours at Cruise Speed, 1 hour at Top Speed.
Crew / Passengers
The body of the vehicle is an open box. The crew facilities consist of an exterior bench seat located at the top-front: up to two passengers may be seated externally, adjacent to the driver, though such arrangements are cramped. The driver's position is fitted with reins to control and steer the animals.
The front of the vehicle has a small open area where incidental cargo may be carried.
- Cargo Storage: 6.0m³ (0.4 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 450 kg (including passengers).
- Maximum Gross Weight: 680 kg.
Nutrition for the draft animal. A tarpaulin to cover the cargo.
An early animal-powered vehicle designed as personal transportion.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science