The Chariot is a type of Ground Car.
A small very low tech animal-powered vehicle designed for personal transportation.
No information yet available.
Hull / Suspension
A lightweight box-shaped hull constructed from bronze, wood and animal hides.
- Length: 1.4m (plus harnessing shafts), Width: 1.5m, Height: 1.2m.
- Overall volume: approximately 2.5m³ (0.2 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 150 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the hull is much lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on an axle. Chariots have two wheels.
Power / Transmission
A Beast of Burden (most commonly a horse) capable of moving up to 700 kg. Some larger chariots may be drawn by teams of animals.
The animal is harnessed between a pair of 2m long shafts attached to the axle.
- Cruise Speed: 5 kph, Fast Speed: 15 kph (trotting), Top Speed: 25 km.
- Range: 10 hours at Cruise Speed, 1 hour at Fast Speed, 10 minutes per hour at Top Speed.
Crew / Passengers
The body of the vehicle is an open box with standing room only. One passengers may carried, though such arrangements are cramped. The driver's position is fitted with reins to control and steer the animal.
A very limited amount of cargo may be carried within the chariot.
- Cargo Storage: 0.5m³ (0.04 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 500 kg (including passenger).
- Maximum Gross Weight: 650 kg.
An early animal-powered vehicle designed as personal transportion.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science