The Chaise is a type of archaic Ground Car.
- Please also see: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
It is a very low tech animal-powered vehicle designed for commercial use.
Hull / Suspension
A lightweight box-shaped hull constructed from steel and wood.
- Length: 2.9m (plus shafts), Width: 1.8m, Height: 2.7m.
- Overall volume: approximately 14.1m³ (1.1 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 280 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the hull is substantially lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a sprung suspension system and two wheels mounted on an axle.
Power / Transmission
A Beast of Burden (typically a horse, capable of moving up to 700 kg).
The animal is harnessed between a pair 2m long shafts attached to the axle.
- Cruise Speed: 5 kph, Fast Speed: 15 kph (trotting), Top Speed: 25 km.
- Range: 10 hours at Cruise Speed, 1 hour at Fast Speed, 10 minutes per hour at Top Speed.
Crew / Passengers
The body of the vehicle is an enclosed box fitted with open side windows that can be covered by blinds. The crew facilities consist of an exterior seat located at the top-rear. The passenger cabin contains an upholstered bench seat designed for two passengers – an additional passenger can be accommodated, though such arrangements are cramped. The passenger compartment provides basic environmental protection (it is weatherproof but is not sealed). The driver's position is fitted with reins to control and steer the animals.
The front of the vehicle has a small open area where incidental cargo may be carried.
- Cargo Storage: 1.5m³ (0.1 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 380 kg (including passengers).
- Maximum Gross Weight: 660 kg.
Running lights. Nutrition for the draft animal.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science