The Buggy is a type of archaic Ground Car.
- Please also see: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
It is a very low tech animal-powered vehicle designed as a personal transport.
Hull / Suspension
A lightweight box-shaped hull constructed from steel and wood.
- Length: 3.7m (plus harnessing shafts), Width: 1.5m, Height: 1.8m.
- Overall volume: approximately 10.0m³ (0.7 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 140 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the hull is substantially lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a sprung wheeled suspension system mounted on axles. The Buggy has four wheels.
Power / Transmission
A Beast of Burden (most commonly a horse) capable of moving up to 700 kg.
The animal is harnessed between a pair of 2.1m long shafts attached to the front axle.
- Cruise Speed: 5 kph, Fast Speed: 15 kph (trotting), Top Speed: 25 km.
- Range: 10 hours at Cruise Speed, 1 hour at Fast Speed, 10 minutes per hour at Top Speed.
Crew / Passengers
The body of the vehicle is an open box containing front and rear upholstered bench seats: up to three passengers may be carried. A fixed fabric roof provides basic environmental protection (the hull is weatherproof but is not sealed). The driver's position is fitted with reins to control and steer the draft animal.
The rear of the vehicle has a small open area where incidental cargo may be carried.
- Cargo Storage: 1m³ (0.07 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 460 kg (including passengers).
- Maximum Gross Weight: 600 kg.
Nutrition for the draft animal.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science