Fringian Batha Cart
The Batha Cart is a type of Ground Car.
A very low tech animal-powered vehicle designed for commercial use.
No information yet available.
Hull / Suspension
A lightweight box-shaped hull constructed from iron and wood.
- Length: 8.5m (plus shaft), Width: 2.6m, Height: 2.4m.
- Overall volume: approximately 53m³ (4 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 1,600 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the hull is much lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on axles. Batha Carts usually have four wheels.
Power / Transmission
The animals are harnessed to a 6m long shaft attached to the front axle.
- Cruise Speed: 5 kph, Top Speed: 15 kph (trotting).
- Range: 8 hours (Batha Beasts) / 10 hours (horses) at Cruise Speed, 8 minutes per hour at Top Speed.
Crew / Passengers
The body of the vehicle is an open topped box. The crew facilities consist of an open bench seat located at the top-front: up to two passengers may be seated adjacent to the driver. The driver's position is fitted with reins to control and steer the animals.
The rear of the vehicle is designed to carry cargo.
- Cargo Storage: 29.4m³ (2.1 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 5,000 kg (including passenger).
- Maximum Gross Weight: 6,600 kg.
Nutrition for the draft animals. A tarpaulin to cover the cargo.
An early animal-powered vehicle designed as personal transportion.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science