Fringian Assault Transport
|Fringian Assault Transport|
|Type: II Troop Transport|
|Cost|| MCr185.950 (base)|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
Description / Specifications
The Assault Transport is a solid, reliable vessel designed to transport vehicles, supplies and equipment into dangerous areas. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
- The vessel is a TL 10 design.
The Assault Transport is constructed using a 300 dTon hull built in a flattened sphere configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, plated, and structurally reinforced, with an armor rating of 7.
- Individual sections of the ship are divided by bulkhead walls. Sections of the ship can be isolated in the event of an emergency.
- The hull includes internal grav plates and inertial compensators. All accessible sections of the hull have life support.
The vessel mounts a maneuver-5 drive and a power plant 5, giving performance of 5G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 5. There is fuel tankage of 15 dTons, giving the power plant 4 weeks duration.
The vessel is equipped with a computer model/2: the vessel carries an additional backup computer model/2. The vessel has a secure locker with a capacity of 1 dTon. There are 7 staterooms. All crewmembers receive individual quarters. Cargo capacity amounts to 70 dTons.
- The vessel is fitted with communications equipment, a sensor array, full ECM, and an avionics suite.
- No provision is made for passengers. Troops, if they are carried, remain in the cargo hold for the duration of their time aboard.
The Assault Transport requires 7 crew: 2x command, 1x engineering, 3x gunnery, and 1x service.
The ship is fitted with 3 turrets. These are grouped into:
- one sandcaster battery, consisting of 2 linked triple turrets
- one missile battery, consisting of 1 triple turret
The basic cost of the vessel is MCr185.950.
- The ship is a standard design. Detailed architectural plans are widely available and no design fee is chargeable.
- If multiple examples of the design are ordered all of the ships in the production run qualify for a 20% discount, which reduces their price to MCr148.760.
Assault Transports are often deployed by vessels such as the Military Ship Transporter.
An ubiquitous design used throughout the Distant Fringe, the Assault Transport is durable and reliable. The design is representative and a large number of variants exist, particularly with regard to the allotted weapons systems and onboard electronics.
See also: Ships of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- CT Book 5 "High Guard", GDW, 1980.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science