Fringe Heavy Industries
- 1 Market Ticker Code
- 2 Description (Portfolio)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
Market Ticker Code
This business entity is traded under the following interstellar market code/s:
Market Ticker Code Name Code Type Charter Remarks Corp Name TBD 4 to 12 alphanumeric character LIC None
Fringe Heavy Industries is considered to be a part of the Consumer goods, Manufacturing, Heavy Industry, and Aerospace Business Sector. It primarily operates within the central and trailing parts of Far Home Sector.
- Bulk refining of raw materials.
- Smelting, casting and alloying materials.
- Cutting, shaping, and joining materials.
- CAD, practical design, architectural plans and tooling.
- Precision construction and manufacturing.
- Industrial chemistry.
- Retrofitting, conversions and modifications.
- Storage of finished products.
Governance & Organization
Fringe Heavy Industries is governed by a President, a Committee of Governors and an Executive Board. It is run by a Executive Vice President, Senior Vice Presidents and Office Directors. It has an extensive Records Office, an Internal Audit Office, a Legal Department, a Logistics Office, a Sophont Resources Office, a Public Relations Office, a Finance Department, and an Office of Internal Security.
The head office is located on Pador, a technologically advanced trading center lying within the Distant Fringe. As well as the main administrative complexes its headquarters includes a number of exclusive villas where business may be undertaken in complete privacy. The company controls a private spaceport facility on the world.
- The company maintains Regional Head Offices, administrative centers, construction, maintenance and repair yards, production plants, facilities and commercial premises on worlds across the region. These holdings are protected by corporate security.
- Research and Development
- Aviation and Gravitics Division
- Consumer Products Division
- Heavy Machinery Division
- Spacecraft and Starship Division
- Special Projects Unit
- Commercial Vehicle Division
- The Consortium – 45%,
- Private ownership – 22%,
- Gonzalez Associates – 18%,
- First Astra Bank – 9%,
- Portfolio Mitchell – 6%,
- of which Harbinger Holdings – 38%.
- Armat Defense
- Fusion Precision Ltd (a company specialising in the manufacture of advanced power generation equipment).
- Apex Sciences, 9% holding.
Fringe Heavy Industries owns orbital and surface construction yards and repair facilities, fabrication plants, assembly plants, factories and industrial complexes, along with the equipment, machinery, vehicles and technology necessary to maintain operations. It has a corporate fleet of small personnel transport vessels. The company has assets in many systems within the central and trailing parts of Far Home Sector.
The corporation can trace its origins to the middle of the 42nd century, during the Dark Age.
- Coralin et Fils SPRL (based on Ras Tennol. This company provides preferential rates and rapid delivery on bulk cargo and raw materials haulage. In turn it receives benefits with regards to vessel construction, repair and maintenance.
- Rio Argo (based at Sudi Verisia). Supplying raw and processed materials.
- Holt Industries. Providing state of the art weapons and defensive systems for starships and spacecraft.
- Mooi & Belanis Heavy Haulage SA (based on Pador): this company provides preferential rates and rapid delivery on bulk cargo and raw materials haulage. In turn it receives benefits with regards to vessel construction, repair and maintenance.
- Paradyne Systems Ltd (based on Wolf): a major manufacturer of sensors, electronic components and starship computers.
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Facilities Data: 1105
This business is known to host facilities in the following locations:
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Artist & Contributor: CaveDoctor
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science