Final States are hypothetical societies with technology mastery between TL:28-30 Transcendents and TL:31-33 Ascendants whose technological capabilities allow them to form states like no others previous possible.
- As greater and greater mastery of the universe is achieved, the ascendant and transcendent societies will strive to reach the Singularity, a level of omnipotent mastery of the universe that transcends technology itself.
Key Identifier Characteristics
There are many theories of what such a state might look like including:
- Group Minds, Mass Minds, etc.
- Incorporeal Existence
- Life in an Alternate or Pocket Universe
- Matter-Intelligence Melding
- Psionic Technology allowing for a Blending of the Group and Individual
- Servants of a vast Artificial Intelligence
Transcendents and Ascendants change the nature of society and civilization. While some go pastoral and others go extinct, most push to achieve the final singularity, a status beyond technology and conventional paradigm. Their states make little to no sense to earlier forms of organized existence.
Standard Polity Growth Sequence
- Proto-Society → Band Society → Tribal Society or Chiefdom → City-State → Nation-State → World-State → Pocket Empire → Interstellar State → Intergalactic State → Final State → Singularity