This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Fergus/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 2014)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K7 V M6 V|
Fergus is a poor, low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- This poor world is struggling to establish itself and living conditions in many areas are rudimentary.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Scotian Deep Subsector of the Reaver's Deep Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Fergus is an anomalous world, a planet which should not be. Though very small, it has a fairly significant atmosphere. When discovered, it was found to support an abundance of life forms, but it was something of a potpourri of life from radically different evolutionary backgrounds, apparently all transplanted from other worlds to this one hundreds of thousands of years ago. Scientists believe that the Ancients were responsible for the world's anomalies. As with most Ancients works, the purpose behind this action is unknown.
It is believed that Fergus was a hospitable, pleasant world in the Ancients period, probably subject to atmosphere and temperature control. Since the disappearance of the Ancients, however, the machinery which maintained all this has shut down. The atmosphere has thinned, and the climate has deteriorated to distinctly chilly conditions. Life forms left on the world are those which could adapt to the colder weather; a few excavations have confirmed that previously a variety of climates and weather patterns existed in which a large number of plant and animal species flourished.
Binary Solar System
Fergus Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Fergus Primary Primary Orange K7 V "Ra" Fergus Companion Secondary Red M6 V "Osiris"
Point of Interest: Living Laboratory of the Ancients?
Though the original purposes of the world are now unknown, scientists today are keenly interested in Fergus as a "Living laboratory" of evolution and adaptation in action. Whether by accident or on purpose, the world has provided harsh conditions in which life has been forced to adapt or die, giving rise to many interesting variations in behavior and physiology. A large scientific colony has been established on Fergus to study the interaction of these life forms. Fergus also attracts both reputable archeologists and a variety of fortune hunters, all of them searching for the Ancients complex which almost certainly exists somewhere on the planet. As yet, no sign of this control complex has been found, but it continues to draw seekers of knowledge, of wealth, or of power to Fergus time and time again.
Primary: Ra, spectral class, F7V. ICN S4G0404F7V. Mass, 1.96 standard. Stellar diameter, 1.252 standard. Luminosity, 2.583 standard.
Planetary System: Nine major bodies. One inhabited world (Fergus, V). Four gas giants in system. Two planetoid belts in system.
V Fergus: Mean orbital radius, 317.15 million kilometers (2.12 AU). Period, 1030 days (2.82 years). No satellites. Diameter, 4302 kilometers. Density, .99 standard. Mass, .0 15 standard. Mean surface gravity, .24 G. Rotation period: 26 hours, 8 minutes, 22 seconds. Axial inclination, 21°7’1.6". Albedo, .23. Surface atmospheric pressure, .45 atm. Composition, standard oxygen-nitrogen mix, breathable without artificial assistance. Hydrographic percentage, 32%; composition, primarily frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, -10° C.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), . (named but no further data)
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium
- Classic Traveller Escape
- Classic Traveller Cargonaut Press Scam, Rogues in Space Vol. 2
- Classic Traveller Duneraiders (book)
- Classic Traveller Cargonaut Press Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook
- Classic Traveller Gamelords Ascent to Anekthor
- Classic Traveller Gamelords Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (data-generated)
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA Far Traveller 1
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA Far Traveller 2
- Periodical: Classic Traveller Traveller's Digest #16
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Challenge54 (pg. 20)
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 05 in Article: 'Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector'
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 06
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 07 in Article: 'A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector'
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 4
- Periodical: Into the Deep 4
- EXTERNAL LINK: archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science