Federation of Heron
- It is part of Charted Space.
- 1 Astronavigational Codes
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
|None||Pre-Imperial||None||No standard code||None|
|None||1st Survey (300)||None||2-ltr code||None|
|Federation of Heron||2nd Survey (1065)||FeHe||4-ltr code||None|
The Federation of Heron is a Pocket Empire known for illicit economic practices.
The Federation of Heron was formed with several nearby systems for self-protection from other political entities like the Imperium, and to gain control over the criminal and piracy syndicates, cartels, and associated crews that operate from those systems. The Federation has no coherent goal beyond profiting from their illicit activities.
History & Background (Dossier)
Worlds in this subsector were originally settled circa 700 to 900 by Solomani and Vilani settlers. The relative isolation of the Even subsector made it an ideal location for the creation of criminal organizations. As the number of such organizations and systems hosting them increased some began to form larger groups for protection against each other and against increasing interest from outside governments seeking to end their operations.
Seven of these systems banded together to form the Federation of Heron circa 1000. The Heron system was selected as neutral ground and the capitol of this emerging political entity. The resulting "federation" is really a collection of criminal syndicates, cabals, cartels, crews. The Heron system gives these groups a place to meet that none control.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
There is no central, stable government. Administrative functions are carried out by a collection of separate organizations which do not always have the best interests of the other groups in mind.
Technology & Trade (Economy)
All systems in the Federation of Heron rely heavily on illicit and criminal activities for income.
- Sardis (world) is home to several drug cartels that manufacture cutting edge pleasure drugs, anagathics, as well as illegal drugs. Gambling and related vices are run on planet with casinos and resorts.
- Novae (world) specializes in chop shopping starships as well as the construction and repair of corsair, mercenary, and smuggling starships.
- Thermon (world) is home to a smuggling syndicate.
- Ilium (world) syndicate
- Asla (world) recently joined the Federation. Hosts a number of pirate and corsair crews.
- Granicus (world) A founding system of the Federation. Known as a "Pirate's Paradise." Hosts out-of-system piracy, along with on planet casinos and other vice. Is a hideout for criminals.
- Heron (world) The nominal capitol of the Federation.
A number of nearby systems are closely aligned to the Federation of Heron but not members. These, like those in the Federation are primarily operated by criminals. These systems can be considered as allies and confederates of the Federation of Heron and trade freely with them.
- Chilok (world) A lawless system supporting piracy out-of-system.
- Merbizinkhi (world) A pirate stronghold. The system is fortified. Smuggling and out-of-system piracy by several syndicates.
- Asher (world) A hideout world for the wanted and criminals.
- Modoc (world) A "wild west" oligarchy that shelters criminals and the wanted.
- Ember (world) Home to a syndicate that specializes in spying and espionage.
- Lagu (world) Anarchy
- Shinan (world) Home to the Shinan Syndicate. Runs starship chop shop and repairs corsair and pirate ships. The very large asteroid belt in the system is home to numerous pirate crews. All piracy is out-of-system.
- Uukishku (world) Cartel that runs starship chop shop and repairs pirate and corsair ships.
- Gadir Murgis (world) Lawless system with rampant smuggling.
- The Federation of Heron is closely aligned with the Ral Ranta.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
They have one military base. They have no Scout Bases nor Naval Bases. They have two class A shipyards capable of building space craft. One interesting design seen prowling here in the clouds around a grav suspended sky city is the Sardis Class Frigate, owned by General Klytus. There is a squadron of nine Heron Class Scout-Interceptors manned by some form of elite federal marshals.
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This polity is primarily found in the following locations:
- Asla (world) 0827 Even subsector
- Granicus (world) 0520 Glowing subsector
- Heron (world) 0921 Poonch subsector
- Ilium (world) 0726 Even subsector
- Novae (world) 0522 Even subsector
- Sardis (world) 0521 Even subsector
- Thermon (world) 0623 Even subsector
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Enoki
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science