|Group: Ranged Weapon|
|Weight||: 1,000 grams (3,000 grams loaded)|
|Ammo||Power Pack, high capacity|
"FGMP-15:" Incorporating a gravitic field generator similar to that used on the PGMP-14, with a weapon system similar to that of the FGMP-14, the FGMP-15 is the most powerful man-carried direct fire weapon used within Charted Space. 
Length: 800.0 mm. Weight of weapon: 1,000 grams (50 grams with field generator on). Weight of power pack: 2,000 grams (110 grams with field generator on). Base price: Cr400,000 (extra power pack: Cr300,000; Refueling: Cr70). Tech level 15. Extreme range: 1,500.0 meters. 
As sophont civilizations gain greater and greater mastery over volatiles and high energy physics, more capable weapons are developed. Typically very early energy weapons are developed in the TL:7-9 epoch including fuel-air explosives and very large nuclear weapons, which vastly outclass the atomic weapons of the TL:4-6 epoch.
By TL:10-12, Plasma Weaponry becomes viable and supplements lasers, particle beams, and other energy weapons. By the end of the epoch, the advanced PGMP-12 appears, which is extremely advanced for its time. Plasma weaponry continues to be refined and developed.
By the TL:13-15 epoch, the first fusion weapons begin to debut, which can project greater damage than the earlier plasma weapons. The FGMP series in increasingly refined as it goes from a bulky battle dress-only form down to sophont-wielded rifle-like form. As the materials technology and miniaturization improves, future fusion pistols will undoubtedly become viable. 
Selected FGMP Models
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Frank Chadwick. Mercenary (Game Designers Workshop, 1978), 37.
- Jim Cunningham. "The Armory: Book 4 Small Arms." High Passage 2 (1981): 43. (Illustration)
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. "FGMP-15." The Travellers' Digest 12 (1989): 41.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science