|Group: Ranged Weapon|
|Weight||1,000.0 grams (10,000.0 grams loaded)|
|Ammo||Power Pack, high capacity|
- It is a DEW Light Weapon that projects fusion-enacted plasma inflicting kinetic and heat damage.
- This weapon is used by standard sized individuals in Battle Dress or larger sophonts. Standard sophonts typically lack the strength to wield this weapon without power armor or other forms of technological assistance.
"Fusion Gun, Man Portable-14 (FGMP-14):" Similar in design and function to the PGMP-13, the FGMP-14 differs only in that it contains the plasma slightly longer until a fusion reaction begins to take place. The weapon is somewhat more powerful than a plasma gun, and may only be used by individuals wearing battle dress. 
Length: 900.0 mm. Weight of weapon: 1,000.0 grams. Weight of power pack: 9,000.0 grams. Base price: Cr100,000 (extra power packs: Cr65,000; Refueling: Cr50). Tech level: 14. Extreme range: 1,500.0 meters. 
History & Background (Dossier)
As sophont civilizations gain greater and greater mastery over volatiles and high energy physics, more capable weapons are developed. Typically very early energy weapons are developed in the TL:7-9 epoch including fuel-air explosives and very large nuclear weapons, which vastly outclass the atomic weapons of the TL:4-6 epoch.
By TL:10-12, Plasma Weaponry becomes viable and supplements lasers, particle beams, and other energy weapons. By the end of the epoch, the advanced PGMP-12 appears, which is extremely advanced for its time. Plasma weaponry continues to be refined and developed.
By the TL:13-15 epoch, the first fusion weapons begin to debut, which can project greater damage than the earlier plasma weapons. The FGMP series in increasingly refined as it goes from a bulky battle dress-only form down to sophont-wielded rifle-like form. As the materials technology and miniaturization improves, future fusion pistols will undoubtedly become viable. 
Selected FGMP Models
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Frank Chadwick. Mercenary (Game Designers Workshop, 1978), 37.
- Jim Cunningham. "The Armory: Book 4 Small Arms." High Passage 2 (1981): 43. (Illustration)
- Imperial Encyclopedia
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science