Exotic Life is among the strangest and least well known kind of life found in Charted Space. At best, it is poorly known. However, there is great interest in learning more about these species in the exobiological community.
Exotic Life Characteristics
- Neither wet nor dry life
- non-Baryonic matter
- May exist in exotic forms of matter such as gases or plasmas
- Origin may be highly exotic, stars, black holes, jumpspace, etc.
- Maye exist outside of conventional spacetime
Although the existence of some of the more exotic lifeform types is widely disputed by the scientists of the Imperium. Some even argue that there is not adequate proof of the existence of many of these exotic lifeforms.
- Electromorphs, creatures of pure electromagnetic energy.
- Infomorphs, electronic entities that live within computers and other technological devices.
- Lithomorphs: Mineral life.
- Macromorphs: In this usage indicates living planets.
- Mechanimorphs: Machine life.
- Psionimorphs, beings of psionic energy.
And many more types of life are hypothesized to exist, which are strange, mysterious, and sometimes even familiar.
- Some of these lifeforms are well understood, while others exist at the fringe of known science.
- Many of these mysterious lifeforms are classified as Cryptids.
- There are simply too many types of lifeforms that are theorized to exist (...or even proven to exist) to mention here.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|