Exorcist class Battle Cruiser
|Exorcist class Battle Cruiser|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: CB Battle Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
Qty: MCr 99,884.082
|Crew||1,047 including 120 Marines.|
|Origin||Protectorate of Leset|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Exorcist class Battle Cruiser is a warship.
- It is a military ship and a Battle Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It was built as a mainstay to the line of battle for The Protectorate.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||120,000 tons. It has a partially streamlined close structure.|
|2.||Crew||x1,047 including 120 Marines.|
|3.||Performance||It is capable of Jump-3, 5-Gs and has 3-Agility.|
|4.||Electronics||It models a 6 fib computer adjacent to the bridge.|
|6.||Armament||It has the best possible spinal mounted particle accelerator, ten repulsor bays, seventy five missile batteries, fifteen batteries of triple beam lasers and fusion guns.|
|7.||Defenses||This class has an armored hull. For defense it has some armor to resist fleet and ground fire, as well as, nuclear dampers, meson screen and a battery of triple sand casters.|
|8.||Craft||x5 30T Ship's Boat, x12 10T ATVs|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||This class has an armored hull is a partially streamlined close structure capable of gas giant refueling with scoops and fuel purification.|
Qty: MCr 99,884.082.
History & Background (Dossier)
It is part of the Protectorate Space Navy.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CB class Battlecruiser
- Exorcist class Battle Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science