|Army size (BEs)||15|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||8,817|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||38,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||88,100|
Excalibur is either a vacuum world or one with a tainted atmosphere. The system supports a population in the 10s of millions. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base for support of military starships.
- This world supports a Military Base for military ground forces.
|Army size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||6,273|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||44,650|
|Port passengers (annual)||2,000|
Era: New Era
Excalibur is either a vacuum world or one with a tainted atmosphere. The system supports a population in the 10s of millions. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- This world is an Interface world, with a quarantine inspection facility for all ships.
- This world hosts a Military Base, Supporting military ground forces.
Description Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Excalibur has a cool climate with a very thin oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere tainted with volcanic gas and ash.
Excalibur Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Excalibur Primary Primary Orange K5 V Artur
Many of its native life forms have evolved into "striders" that spend their entire life cycle following the sun.
Excalibur is resonantly locked with its primary, Artur, orbiting at a distance of 0.30 AU and rotating three times every two orbits. Excalibur has three small moons. While two are typical, the third, Bedwyr, seems to be a captured body, which entered orbit over Excalibur approximately 4,000-5,000 years ago.
History & Background (Dossier)
Excalibur was a member of the Sword Worlds Confederation. In the aftermath of the Fifth Frontier War Excalibur was wracked by civil war and in 1116 it became part of the Border Worlds Confederation. Its starport, Raskarhamm, is located on a peninsula of the Arkjahav Sea.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Loren Wiseman. Broadsword (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 45.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 70.
- GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds