|Homeworld||Castor (Daibei 3020)|
|Reference||Alien Races 4 38-44.|
The Evantha are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History (Archaeological Sophontology)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
The ancestors of the Evantha were mountain-dwelling avian carnivores who hunted the skies of their homeworld in packs.
Biology (Physical Sophontology)
Winged hunters most comfortable in low gravity, the Evantha (who Imperials call Vanthians) are native to the planet Temeraire. They have been Imperial citizens for millennia, but have managed to retain a distinct culture. Recently unified under a charismatic dictator, they are moving toward closer integration with the Imperium, but not every Vanthian is willing to follow the path their leader has charted.
An adult Vanthian is about 1.5m tall, but weighs only 30Kg to 34Kg, males being slightly more heavily built. The humanoid head slants backward, ending in a curving sail-like crest. The long neck leads to the humanoid torso that terminates in a fan tail. The tail acts as a rudder when the Vanthian is airbome and supports the body when standing. Where the arms would be on a Human, a Vanthian has great wings - folded down to serve as clumsy legs while the Vanthian is standing upright, spread out during flight. The wings are feathered and end in bony vestigial claws that act like feet. Where a Human's legs would be the Vanthian has arms, ending in hands with three fingers, tipped with sharp claws, and two opposing "thumbs" on opposite sides of the hand.
Evolution & Environment (Epigenetics)
This species originated on Temeraire (world) and developed intelligence.
Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
This species holds the following environmental preferences:
- Terrestrial planet
- Cold climate
- Forested hilly and mountainous ecotopes
- Low gravity
- Dense atmosphere
Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
Sophontologists studying this species have discovered the following data.
Body Plan (Morphology)
- Bilateral symmetry (2-ial)
- Biped (2-ped)
- 2 limbs used for flying locomotion / manipulation "wing-arms"
- 2 limbs used for ambulatory locomotion "legs"
- 1 tail
- Body consists of three segments
This species uses a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
History (Archaeological Sophontology)
FIRST CONTACT: Soon after attaining space flight (in -4238), the Evantha were contacted by the then-expansionist Vilani, who had detected the race's electromagnetic broadcasts. The Evantha were incorporated into the Ziru Sirka, the First Imperium, as a client race. Over the next millennium they were assimilated by the Ziru Sirka. The Evantha themselves eventually spread to colonize some 17 star systems within the First Imperium.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this polity:
- (-4238): Evantha develop successful spacecraft and achieve spaceflight.
- (-4233): First Contact between the Evanthaand Vilani.
- (-3341): Evantha fully conquered by the largely indifferent Vilani as assimilated into the Ziru Sirka.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), 38-44.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Garnfellow
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science