|Esui/Aoheiroiao (Riftspan Reaches 2729)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M1 V M4 V|
Esui is a nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This world is part of the Aslan Hierate, as a single multiple-world clan dominate, in the Aoheiroiao Subsector of Riftspan Reaches Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Esui: Tiny and inhospitable, Esui orbits Ftalrie, a ringed gas giant.
- Two frozen seas bear witness to a warmer past, when tidal forces heated this moon's core.
- Now, Esui is little more than an unimpressive ball of rock and ice.
- Part of the J-5 Trans-Rift Hierate Route.
Binary Solar System
Esui Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Esui Primary Primary Red M1 V Esui Companion Secondary Red M4 V
History & Background (Dossier)
The Esui system is a mandatory stopping point on the jump-5 route across the Great Rift, but the world itself has never been commercially developed. Instead, the clans of the region have jointly constructed a memorial to the many Aslan who died while exploring the sector.
- The Shrine of the Rift lies at the heart of the memorial complex. Tended by a small group of clan representatives, the Shrine houses relics and holographic recordings of past Aslan explorers. Travellers crossing the Rift often stop at the Shrine to meditate on the lives and actions of the heroic wanderers who preceded them.