Ergo (TR 2625) (world)
|Ergo/The Borderland (Trojan Reach 2625)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Ergo (TR 2625) is an agricultural, nonindustrial, pre-rich garden world with a near-ideal, utopian environment conducive to most sophonts, but still lacks an adequate population to expand its economy to a rich status.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This a "forbidden" world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the The Borderland Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Ergo is a molten-core world with a diameter of 11,520km.
- It has a density of 1.10, a mass of 0.739, and a gravity of 1.2563.
- It has a rotation period of 18 hours, 53 minutes, and an axial tilt of 7° 32' 2.5".
- It has a standard, breathable atmosphere, with an atmospheric pressure of 0.90, and is 71% covered with water.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system has been assigned a Red Zone travel advisory.
Ergo had a thriving pre-stellar society prior to 802, when the General Development Company (GeDeCo) contacted the world, offering to help fund the construction of a starport. Ergo's ruling body, the Council of Barons, agreed to the proposal but internal disputes over trade and tax revenues escalated until the Council dissolved into a handful of warring feudal states. GeDeCo withdrew from the starport proposal and the ensuing civil war lasted more than a century, with 90% of the population wiped out from famine, starvation, and nuclear winter. The only civilized area of Ergo is now a small region surrounding the ruins of the starport, while the rest of the planet is a hostile mix of radioactive wasteland, cannibal tribes, and pirate bases.
The population has stabilized at 485,000 humans, spread across the world's major continent, with most settlements in the northeast.
- They have regressed to TL–3, and have a tribal society, with no real laws or government.
The Imperium maintains two automated interdiction satellites in orbit around Ergo, with teams checking them every 5 years.
- They were installed in 1051 in order to protect the natives from their higher-tech neighbors, and visitors from the hostile natives.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|