|Primary||G0 V M9 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||120|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||1,512|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||19,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||117,000|
Enola has a short-sleeve breathable atmosphere. The system has a population between ten million and 100 million sophonts. It is a Human dominated Non-Aligned world in the Yashodhan Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector. 50% of the world's population is the Major Race Vargr.
Astrography and Planetology
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Enola Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Enola Primary Primary Yellow G0 V Enola Companion Secondary Red M9 V
History and Background
An isolated rich world in the Yashodhan Subsector, Enola was originally settled as a research facility in the early years of the Third Imperium. Early on, the administration of the original research facility controlled the original colony as well. The practice, though changed somewhat over the years, still remains today, as the Administration of Enola makes decisions for the world's population of twenty million human and Vargr. The current Lord Administrator, Baron Ferreli von Lazarus, has been an eager supporter of Majestic Lines, in the hopes that enhanced contact with the Third Imperium will promote growth for his people.
While Enola was as isolated as Bravo (Empty Quarter 1520), it’s path from Imperial rule to independence was quite different. Within the first century of the Imperial Era, there were only a few attempts to settle the abandoned and empty worlds in Imperial Space. The most notable of these, the Enola Venture, was a research/colony project funded by interests in Fornast Sector. The starships of the Enola Venture made a remarkable crossing of six void parsecs in 50 Imperial. The names of the five major colonial vessels - The Wanderer, Over the Top, Vapour Drawings, Cafayate, and Sagres - is recited across the Imperial Empty Quarter even today.
However, the difficulty in maintaining regular contact (in a TL 12/jump3 era of poor knowledge of proper Void navigation procedures) caused the Imperium to renounce Imperial authority over Enola in 70 Imperial. This is among the few times the Imperium has ever done so willingly, especially in a time and place of rapid territorial expansion. In the end, however, the vague and uncertain benefits were outweighed by the hard, irrefutable cost in replacing lost ships and crewmen trying to reach or return from that system.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- 993 - Enola 2933 A989756-B Ri 202 Na
- CT - 1105 - Enola 2933 A989756-B Ri 202 Na
- MT - 1125 - Enola 2933 C989755-B Ri 202 Na
- TNE - 1201 - Enola 2933 X989569-1 Ri B 302 Wi - Wilds
References and Contributors
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jason Kemp. "Gamma Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector." Stellar Reaches 02 (2005): 9. -Write-up
- Jason Kemp. Stellar Reaches 05 (FLTGames Gaming Group, 2006), 40article=Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993. - UWP only
- Alvin Plummer. "Hegemony, Republic, Duchy: Part II." Stellar Reaches 11 (2010): 14.
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 34. - UWP only
- Alvin Plummer. "A Gazetteer to the Worlds of the Empty Quarter." Stellar Reaches 18 (2012): 5. - Short Write up
- Alvin Plummer. "The Empty Quarter Timeline." Stellar Reaches 18 (2012): 49. - Short Write up
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 53. - UWP Only
- World page generated by AB-101
- Information collated by MIMIC - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication