|Government||Civil service bureaucracy|
|Army Size (BEs)||1500|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||23,325|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,100,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||324,200|
Eninshish is a vacuum world, with no atmosphere or hydrosphere. The system has a population over one billion. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Nulinad Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Eninshish, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdom of a count. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. Less than 10% of the world's population is the Major Race Vargr.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Sashar-Pamushgar Cluster.
Eninshish Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Eninshish Primary Yellow G5 V
History and Background
Eninshish is the only asteroid belt that serves as a mainworld within the confines of the Gamma Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector. Although other belts are mined, none hold mainworld status, nor do they attract quite the population that Eninshish has garnered over the years. Due to the incredibly rich nature of the principal Eninshish belt, the system is a heavy industrial region for the Nulinad Subsector.
The Eninshish system also hosts an annual interplanetary racing event known as the Kalin-Vaento Classic, which receives a significant amount of attention within the deep space sports subculture of this region of space.
The economy and population boomed during the False Dawn (200-300 Imperial), with the TL rising from 9 to 12. The system also suffered harshly in the following Breakdown.
Long after most of the economic damage was done, Emperor Anguistus had a brief survey of the Six Subsectors done in the early 350s, in preparation for an Imperial tour of the area and visited Eninshish in mid 357.
Eager to leave their cramped quarters and with the generous support of the Imperial government, 140 million of Eninsishi relocated to the recently re-conquered and partially depopulated world of Hebrin (Empty Quarter 1930) in the late 9th Imperial century.
Many asteroid cultures were affected by Abadani, an anti-Noble communist movement extant from the 920s. Even today, some influence can still be felt in many asteroid settlements: communist bureaucracy is a good fit with traditional Vilani culture.
Velphac, an asteroid in this system, is the home of the toughest maximum-security Imperial prison in the sector. During the Solomani Rim War, the most violent and dangerous operatives of the Solomani Party and the Solomani Confederation government were kept at Velphac, a maximum-security Imperial asteroid prison in Eninsish system.
Marquisate of Eninsish: this world was downgraded from a county over a century ago, but the loss still stings to these tradition-minded Vilani.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Eninsish 0535 C00098B-9 As Hi In Na 312 Im
- CT - 1105 - Eninsish 0535 C000989-9 As Hi In Na 112 Im
- MT - 1125 - Eninsish 0535 D000895-5 As Na 812 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - Eninsish 0535 X000000-0 Ba As 012 –
References and Contributors
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jason Kemp. "Gamma Quadrant Of The Empty Quarter Sector- Lentuli Subsector." Stellar Reaches 01 (2005): 7.- UWP Only
- Jason Kemp. "Feature Adventure- Special Delivery To Gudina." Stellar Reaches 01 (2005): 13. - Write-up
- Jason Kemp. "Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993." Stellar Reaches 05 (2006): 37. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Hegemony, Republic, Duchy: Part II." Stellar Reaches 11 (2010): 5. - Short Write-up
- Alvin Plummer. "Hegemony, Republic, Duchy: Part III." Stellar Reaches 12 (2010): 5.– Short Write-up
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "A Gazetteer to the Worlds of the Empty Quarter." Stellar Reaches 18 (2012): 5. - Short Write-up
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 48. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "The Peerage of the Empty Quarter." Stellar Reaches 20 (2012): 5.
- Alvin Plummer. "Counties and Churches: Sector and Subsector Maps." Stellar Reaches 22 (2013): 75.
- Alvin Plummer. "System Flags of the Empty Quarter." Stellar Reaches 23 (2013): 73.
- World page generated by AB-101
- Information collated by MIMIC - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication