|Eery/Eery (Magyar 1208)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K8 V G5 V|
Eery is a nonindustrial fluid world.
- A fluid world has an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Eery Subsector of Magyar Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Eery Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Eery Primary Primary Orange K8 V Eery Companion Secondary Yellow G5 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Eery's thick atmosphere is a chemical soup, yellow-green and murky, very unhealthy but quite profitable. Many useful chemicals can be made simply by exposing certain of their ingredients to the outside atmosphere.
- Even masers have trouble getting through the constant fog, and satellites are worthless for most purposes because not only can they not collect data from the surface, but if they collect data from orbit, they can't relay it to the surface easily. All surface-to-surface communications are fiber optic.
- Eeryans spend much of their lives indoors. Eery is famous for all manner of indoor sports and entertainments as well as gourmet food, and supports a thriving tourist trade despite its low population.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|