This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Primary||G5 V D|
|Army Size (BEs)||12000|
|World Trade Number||5.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||34,039|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||36,000,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Duelunogoerrzuez has the population located in one or more dwarf planets or planetesimals in a co-orbital position, an asteroid belt. The system has a population over one billion. It has a well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. The world has a colony on Aeo (Knoellighz 1036). The world serves as the capital for the subsector. This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the extra trade and prestige associated with that role. It is a member of Infinity League in the Khuzedhoth Subsector of Knoellighz Sector.
- 1 Description (Planetology)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
- The astrographic star charts for this world have multiple, conflicting locations and are in dispute by navigational authorities.
Duelunogoerrzuez (Knoellighz 1138) is a minor paradox in that the inhabited rocks inside and just beyond the Green Belt (Habitable Zone +1 Orbit) consist of eccentric orbit planetoids too small for planet status, yet too big to be rated asteroids. Rather, in Solomani terms, they are classified as Trans-Neptunian Objects (TNOs). Numerous enough to rate the solar system with the As (Asteroid) descriptor and Trade Code, the world was chosen for its rich mineral content, centralized location on the so-called Bridge of Destiny and the Infinity League polity.
It has a staggering population spread over the many planetoids, connected asteroids and ice rings about the binary star to the tune of 60,000,000,000 sophonts, mainly ethnic Gvegh Vargr with visiting Zhodani from Spinward. The many mining operations, local refineries and foundries, manufacturing facilities, assembly lines, corporate office and headquarters yields this solar system an In (Industrial) rating, able to export many goods in compensation for survival needs here. Hence the foregone conclusion that his world is rated Na (Non-Agricultural). One Imperium survey-explorer compared the world to a "system-wide shopping mall".
Binary Solar System
Duelunogoerrzuez Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Duelunogoerrzuez Primary Primary Yellow G5 V Duelunogoerrzuez Companion Secondary White Dwarf D
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
Though the system has been extensively surveyed, to date no Native Intelligent Lifeforms (NILs) have been discovered.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Duelunogoerrzuez has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
- Nestled in the only planetoid belt, the mainworld of this system, is Duelunogoerrzuez Nexus, by definition a B-rated Beltport. The local Startown about the Beltport crowds the various nearby asteroid surfaces and riddles them with tunnels. Those planetoids in proximity to each other feature grav-tubes, grav-trams and other commuting methods between rocks. The Nexus is a mecca of advertising, warehousing, market and various corporate headquarters. The Beltport services vessels, but has purposely displaced shipbuilding yards to other nearby systems.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovision, Personal Global Communications, and advanced Translators.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Increasingly advanced fusion plants and advanced fuel cells.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Duelunogoerrzuez has a Balkanized government.
- No central ruling authority exists. Rival governments compete for control.
- The typical power source of this government is a Balkanization.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Confederation (Anarchy).
- A member world and primary capital of the Infinity League (VInL) in Knoellighz Sector, Duelunogoerrzuez is home to the President of the Infinity League. Sitting on the Bridge of Destiny and in the elder heart of the League, this mecca of industry is the only economy powerhouse for production of Tech Level B items and goods, other worlds of the polity failing to reach In (Industrial) rating. The world is also home to almost all of the corporate, syndicate and underworld entities and serves as a nexus of economy. While other worlds in this empire might design, construct and christen new vessels, many of their components and systems are purchased or funneled through Duelunogoerrzuez first.
It is at Duelunogoerrzuez, that the Office of the President is located. This is due to the need to keep a watchful eye on the corporate sector. This is made all the more difficult due to the fact that most of the polity Naval Bases are Coreward on the "growing edge" of the frontier. To complicate matters, the entire solar system's local Government is Balkanized with each planetoid or cluster of asteroids claimed and controlled by the owning corporation.
Since the Infinity League has recently made a "deal with the devil" to the adjacent Zhodani Consulate, it has had to play a balancing act to allow trade, exchange of innovations (including Zhodani psionics) and gentle 'emissaries' in return for a Big Brother Next Door protection that has kept larger polities such as the Ascendancy Pact and the distant Democracy of Greats from crushing the League underfoot. Compensatory to this is that the League provides the frontier edge of the Consulate a buffer polity with which to learn the mercurial ways and racial natures of the Vargr here in Knoellighz Sector just as they have done in Gvurrdon Sector, but with a much more frontier culture.
Duelunogoerrzuez is responsible for much of the systems, equipment, gear and other goods that spread out through the polity and beyond to independent worlds around the Infinity League and over the Bridge of Destiny. This is the League's biggest economic weapon in Sector trade. However, Corsairs and Hunters' Bawn privateers range out from the Ascendancy Pact's Spinward edge along the Bridge and plague many attempts at trade negotiations between the two polities. Thus, Duelunogoerrzuez must resort to trading with independent worlds and through them the Pact worlds. It is to the credit of the League's fine Navy, small but dependable that this leg of the Bridge of Destiny has not been invaded by the Ascendancy Pact.
More locally, Duelunogoerrzuez trades best with neighbor worlds of Ragerzesu and Rrigrragaen / Khuzedhoth (Knoellighz 1038 and 1237 respectively) for their water, air, food and Starport means of bringing such goods. This triad of trade can be considered one of two 'hearts' of the Infinity League, seconded only by the paired worlds of Dzourzzo and its consortium partner Aeo / Khuzedhoth (Knoellighz 1035 and 1036 respectively). Yet, polity-wide the two conglomerates function well enough as smiling neighbors that the Infinity League prospers more often than suffers.
Corporate sector competition in Duelunogoerrzuez is fierce, with crime syndicates eager for laundered cash to hire out to company execs to handle "unfortunate airlock and hangar mishaps". While smiling to each other in congratulations for a booming economy, each corporation is dealing through underbelly Agents in hopes to hinder rivals and competitors. Corporate espionage is rampant here and is barely contained by the Navy, distant privateers out of Tsouu / Khuzedhoth (Knoellighz 1131) and corporate security firms. Shadowed crime is just a few decades from 1105 to becoming turf and trade wars across the solar system. Miraculously, this is held in check by the Office of the President who by his executive powers can summon the Navy at any time and declare Triple-A lockdown to silence any battles that threaten the In (Industrial) rating of the system. This makes the entire world of Duelunogoerrzuez both a commercial capital as well as a political capital, forcing most to play nice publicly. Finally, due to the largess of export and import, this world is the "weakest link" in the Infinity League and a leaking sieve of smuggling and piracy.
Due to the concentration of Agricultural, Garden, Industrial and Rich worlds in the Infinity League, it is not surprising that there is a blossoming industry of Passenger transit. While many travellers stay within three Tech Levels of their home world, tourism is a lucrative business alongside political couriers, corporate executive transports, freight and speculative cargoes. This delicate yet booming slice of the pie causes many Vargr traders' mouths to water.
Loosely allied with the neighboring Zhodani Consulate, the 99% Gvegh Vargr population is seeing Zhodani traffic in the form of mercantile, diplomatic, teaching corps and curious Travellers in the Infinity League. If encountered, many Zhodani are seen at the Beltport or are invited to the system's various corporate offices.
By Duelunogoerrzuez Asteroid and world nature, a competitive and safety-based curriculum is instilled in Vargr cubs and immigrant Zhodani children through adolescence. A Balkanized mix of circling corporate entities requires the next generation to be ready for both environment and business culture. Before age 18, adolescents are reared on courses such as: Admin, Language (commonly Gvegh and Zdhant languages), a Trade preferred by the supporting corporation, Streetwise, Survey for future belters, Vacc Suit for safety and Zero-G due to the spacer environment. These required studies instill the constant, conditioned and almost ritualized behaviors needed to survive in this mecca of spacer industry.
As a corporate nexus, subsector Capital and polity Capital, Duelunogoerrzuez is an ideal homeworld for corporate Agent, Citizen, Craftsman, Entertainer, Functionary, Rogue, and Scout careers. The citizens and civilians find little draw to military careers here. Another field that lacks behind the business ethic is the Scholar career unless the academic focuses on trade subject matter.
Duelunogoerrzuez owns the corporate colony of Aeo (Knoellighz 1036) the deed to which is held by the Office of the President of the Infinity League until a future date when the Asteroid world can unite under one Government. Advertised in every public venue by the competing entities are lures to emigrate to Aeo’s Rich, Agricultural world and to a new life planetside. Already, Duelunogoerrzuez is weighing heavily the need to lessen its 60 billion population with the goal of raising the Tech Level and thus Importance and productivity of Aeo. Employee families are offered weekly stimulus, sign-on packages to take High Passages to Aeo and settle with the 3 million colonists already present. One deterrent is the need for medical monitoring of incoming colonists as the transition from a low-gravity, spacer lifestyle to a high-gravity planet of large archipelagos and agrarian vocations. Many immigrants go through physical re-education to transition to Aeo.
Psionics In non-agression and trade treaties with the Zhodani Consulate along the Spinward tip of the Bridge of Destiny, the Infinity League has allowed the greater nation permission to import psionics training at worlds willing to house a Psionics Institute. So far, Duelunogoerrzuez local COO, CEO, CFO and other corporate executives have voted unanimously to exclude such roots planted in this world. It is the view of the corporate sector that psionics hinders or harms business with potential for insider trading, corporate espionage, smuggling, and the dreaded fear of futures trading with the aid of advanced Clairvoyance and Precognition. So while Psions are technically legal to live and pass through this Asteroid world, many are registered and analyzed for harmful Talents and quarantined from employment as a system-wide "gentleman's agreement". This is hardly obeyed since many of these corporations hypocritically and secretly hire Psion Agents to "cloak-and-dagger" missions against rivals, especially in the syndicates and underworld. Only the richest executives and corporate heads as well as high-ranking Government members are aware of the League's only Psionic Institute, the mobile Bulk Hauler Coyotl just two parsecs away in Engzoerz (Knoellighz 1140).
No information yet available.
Hard Times and New Era
Duelunogoerrzuez is given a rare mercy for such a delicate trade hub. During Hard Times, corporate espionage, piracy, smuggling and trade wars erode the world's Law rating down to 8 where it stays as such through to and beyond 1200. The solar system does come under attack by Vampire fleets but since each planetoid is so spread apart, no amount of ammunition short of eternal beam weapon warfare could put a dent in the commercial nexus. The skies over each TNO is often a light show when Infinity League Navy and their new System Defense Boats clash with Virus. The world, though technically of the Wilds, is one of the first hubs to receive Quarantine precautions imported from Gvurrdon Sector and the neighboring Zhodani Consulate care of Regency.
The Empress Wave arrives in this parsec of the Vargr Extents in 1157 and wipes out all psionic espionage and insider trading for the next decade as Psions go into various forms of hibernation, vaults, shielding and repeated forays into jumpspace to escape the phenomenon from the galactic core. Many Psions in government and corporate positions lose their seats of power during this time and there is a quietus of psionic activity for that era.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Vargr (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), IFC.Simon Beal. Vargr (Mongoose Publishing, 2009), IFC. Classic Traveller (named but no further data)
- Don McKinney. Zhodani (Mongoose Publishing, 2011), ICF.J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Zhodani (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), ICF. Classic Traveller (named but no further data)
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 11,47. MegaTraveller (dot map provided)
- Author & Contributor: Michael Allyn Davis (generated data and names)
- Author & Contributor: The Pakkrat
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science