The Dry Suit is a water-tight insulating suit.
- Water Survival Equipment
Unlike the wet suit, it has an opening only for the face, which is usually covered by a full-face respirator. Because of this, the dry suit is considerably warmer since cold water is not circulating through the suit. If the suit is ever torn, the insulation value is reduced to that of a poor wet suit within minutes.
Wearing clothing under the dry suit is possible and will improve the insulation value, but doing so will also further reduce movement. Installations in icy seas will usually have a version of this suit issued to each crew member in case they fall over the side or an accident causes the installation to be uninhabitable.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. The Undersea Environment (Gamelords, 1983), 26.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 65.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 11,12,14,21.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science