Droyne (Alien Module)
The Last of the Ancients
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman|
|Table of Contents|
Reptilian aliens with the potential to rule the entire galaxy. We know because they did some 300,000 years ago. Now, they seem content to farm the fields of their few planets and to maintain a much lower profile. Are they biding their time? Do they plan to again rule every planet they can see? Or is there some reason why they have retreated to their few worlds?
The Droyne are known to be descendants of the Ancients, a powerful race that dominated all of known space thousands of years ago, and then destroyed itself in one final war. Droyne, Traveller Alien Module 5, describes in detail this fallen race, its history, its technology, and its society.
This Alien Module includes everything you need to role-play the Droyne as player-charachters or as NPCs. Chapters cover:
- Droyne Evolution, History, and Culture: Detailed essays on how the Droyne reached their peak, and what they have done since.
- Chirpers: Information about the regressed sub-Droyne race that is found on many worlds within the Imperium.
- Droyne Character Generation: The six basic Droyne castes and each one's three subcastes.
- Droyne Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for Mercenary and High Guard (you must have Mercenary and High Guard to make full use of them).
- World Generation: tables and rules for creating Droyne worlds.
- Droyne Encounters: Patrons and random encounter lists for ventures onto Droyne worlds.
- Droyne Word Generation: Fast and easy generation of Droyne names and words - to add depth to any Droyne adventure.
- Droyne Territory: Maps and world data on the Droyne worlds within the Imperium - their locations, their UPPs, and short histories. Many Droyne worlds outside the Imperium remain undiscovered and unmapped.
- Droyne Psionics: Details of special Droyne psionic powers.
- And Adventure: The scenario in this module allows players and referee to actually participate in an alien Droyne culture using the background and data provided for role-playing with these alien characters.
Table of Contents
Diagrams of Droyne Anatomy IFC Introduction 1 The Rise of the Droyne 3 The History of the Droyne 4 Droyne Society 8 Droyne Physiology 11 Droyne Castes 12 The Ancients Puzzle 14 Psionics 15 Flying 17 Droyne Character Generation 18 Droyne Personal Combat 25 Droyne High Guard Characters 26 Droyne Mercenary Characters 30 Droyne World Generation 34 Rituals and Ceremonies 36 Droyne Encounters 38 The Language of the Droyne 40 Droyne Starships and Space Travel 42 The Ancients 44 The Oynssork (adventure) 46 Droyne Worlds in Charted Space (map) IBC
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, and John Harshman
- Cover Illustration
- David Deitrick
- Steve Venters, Bryan Gibson, Dick Hentz, and David Deitrick
- Art Direction
- Paul R. Banner
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|