From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Dpres/Dpres (Trojan Reach 0915)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Dpres is a poor, non-agricultural and nonindustrial world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It has few prospects for economic development. Life here is drastically bleak.
- It a client state of the Third Imperium in the Dpres Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system contains a small Naval Base.
- Since then, Dpres slipped into a minor ice age and the elected government collapsed.
- Dpres was eventually conquered by Tyr (Trojan Reach 0608).
- The Tyrians held Dpres for over two centuries, during the period known as the Tyrian Lordships, in which many of the monuments and art of Dpres were stolen and brought back to Tyr.
- The occupation was ended when Acis (Trojan Reach 0809) deployed Aslan mercenaries against the Tyrians, forcing Tyr to pull its ships back from Dpres.
- Fearing another occupation, the Dpres Continuity Government searched around for allies and eventually negotiated client state status with the Imperium.