From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Dorp/Ile (Old Expanses 2511)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||G5 V M3 V|
Dorp is a poor, low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- This poor world is struggling to establish itself and living conditions in many areas are rudimentary.
- This dangerous world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Ile Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Dorp Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Dorp Primary Primary Yellow G5 V Dorp Companion Secondary Red M3 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- The population grew slowly and was quite content with the world. However, in 1095 astronomers detected the first signs of instability in the star. The inhabitants were evacuated by the Scout Service and various merchant interests, leaving only a crew of astronomers in a jump capable vessel, specially equipped to house them for years. They intend to observe the star until the last possible moment, gathering data not obtainable from a distance, and then jump clear.
- The refugees were taken to Khar (Old Expanses 2416), where they are assimilating nicely.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 7: Hiver (named but no further data)
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA High Passage Magazine
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 12
- TNE Path of Tears
- Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science