This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Dhon/Velous (Far Home 1511)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Dhon is a high-population, pre-rich garden world with a billion or more sophonts in population size, a near-ideal utopian environment conducive to most sophonts, and still lacks adequate population to expand its economy to a rich status.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Velous Subsector of Far Home Sector.
- This world controls Seich
- 1 Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- 2 History & Background / Dossier
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
This star system is detailed using the Fringian Variant System Description.
Dhon Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Dhon Primary Yellow-White F7 V None
The primary is Gemadar, an ordinary white main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 2.584 Sols, a mass of 1.196 Sols and a diameter of 1.742 million km. It has a family of (I) a hot large gas giant orbiting very close to the Gemadar, and (IV) a sparse stony planetoid belt – orbital positions (II) and (III) are empty. (V) Dhon orbits within the habitable zone and is designated the mainworld. (VI) a thin atmosphere hospitable world, (VII) an exotic atmosphere bigworld, (VIII) a large gas giant, (IX) a small gas giant, (X-I) a trace atmosphere iceworld, (X-II) a vacuum worldlet, (XI-I) an exotic atmosphere bigworld, and (XI-II) a sparse icy planetoid belt form the outer system. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(V) Dhon is designated the mainworld. It orbits Gemadar at a mean distance of 1.55 AU (232 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 1 year 279 days and a rotation period of 31.25 hours. The axial tilt is 13 degrees. Dhon has a diameter of 10,508 km, a density of 6.22 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 0.86 G. The world is geologically active. Its atmosphere is rated as Dense, with a mean surface pressure of 2.23 bar and a composition of 80% nitrogen (N2), 19% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. Approximately 54% of the surface is covered in oceans of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 0.5m. Mean surface temperature: 24°C. The climate is rated as Temperate-Warm and experiences minor seasonal changes during the local year. The atmosphere is dynamic and powerful weather systems, driven by the star and the oceans, sweep across the globe.
- (Va) Maibey (UWP G300434-9, orbiting at 20 Diameters/210,000 km)
- (Vb) Dehuu (UWP G554535-8, orbiting at 35 Diameters/368,000 km).
Mainworld Geography & Topography
Total surface area: 347 million km², Land surface area: 160 million km², Water surface area: 187 million km². Much of the northern hemisphere is occupied by Renat, a single large continent with occasional seas and large lakes, while much of the southern hemisphere is covered by Ardens Water, an ocean dominating the whole of the southern hemisphere and dotted with large islands and archipelagos. Equatorial and northern temperate areas, as well as oceanic islands, are heavily forested. In the north the forests give way to broad grasslands and stony polar deserts.
Dhon, the mainworld, has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
- Dhon is the homeworld of the Verant, a riding beast common throughout the Distant Fringe.
- Dehuu, Dhon's hospitable outer moon, has extensive native life, consisting of microscopic organisms, stromatolite-parallels and primitive flora that can be found in almost every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
The cold marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (VI) (within the H+ region of the outer system) has primitive native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in any location where they can find even a minimal trace of shelter and warmth. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background / Dossier
Dhon is the original homeworld of the Verant, a domesticated pack carnivore used as a riding and draft beast.
Dhon has a routine quality starport.
- A Class-C Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform surprisingly sophisticated repair work despite the limited facilities.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fusion power.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Ultra high-speed trains and early grav vehicles.
- Water: High efficiency sailcraft, multihulled seacraft, improved artificial gears.
- Air: Tiltrotorcraft, exotic VTOL's, PARWIG, and rocket-assisted suborbitals.
- Space: SSTO spacecraft, early military spacecraft, and interstellar STL starships
- FTL: Prototype Jump Drive-1.
Dhon has a Balkanized government.
- No central ruling authority exists. Rival governments compete for control.
- The typical power source of this government is a Balkanization.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Confederation (Anarchy).
The Dhon Military Report addresses the combined militaries of the planet.
- Resources: A (Abundant)
- Labor: 8 (Hundreds of millions)
- Infrastructure: 9 (Extensive)
- Efficiency: +4 (Advanced)
Primarily forestry and timber production. Agricultural areas are divided into vast plantations growing carefully managed forests. Despite being a garden world Dhon is a net importer of foodstuffs.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Homogeneity: D (Fragmented)
- Acceptance: A (Very friendly)
- Strangeness: 7
- Symbols: 7
No information yet available.
Dhon is one of the original Seven Colonies.
- 2256AD: The first human outpost is established on Dhon.
- 5338AD–5348AD: Salatho Uprising
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|