From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
(Redirected from Depot (Co 1518) (world))
|Uugnii/Mekee (Core 1518)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Uugnii is a nonindustrial, pre-rich water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It still lacks adequate population to expand its economy to a rich status.
- Its economy is growing and living conditions are expected to rise in the near future barring outside forces.
- This dangerous world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors.
- This world toils under the control of a military government with conditions reflecting that situation including curtailed civil rights and limited freedoms.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Mekee Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world hosts an Imperial Naval Depot.
- This world is also known as Depot (Co 1518).
Uugnii itself is a very pleasant world.
- The red M4 primary provides sufficient warmth to keep the planet-wide oceans mostly unfrozen.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Uugnii is a member of the Imperium.
- The Uugnii system's primary function is as the Core sector's naval depot.
- The Imperial Navy has posted most of the system as off-limits, though access to the main world Uugnii is unrestricted.