This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Denirad/Loran (Halcyon 2212)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Denirad is a pre-agricultural, pre-Industrial, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- It requires significant imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to slowly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the High Senate in the Loran Subsector of Halcyon Sector, which is part of the Distant Fringe.
- This world-system hosts a Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces, which may be located on or off-world.
- 1 Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Denirad Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Denirad Primary Yellow G9 V None
The primary is Azabar, an ordinary yellow main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 0.47 Sols, a mass of 0.848 Sols, and a diameter of 1.264 million km. The inner system consists of (I) a very thin atmosphere inner world, and (II) a corrosive atmosphere inferno world. (III) Denirad orbits within the habitable zone and is designated the mainworld. (IV) a thin atmosphere hospitable world, (V) a vacuum iceworld, (VI) a sparse icy planetoid belt, (VII) a small gas giant, (VIII) a small ice giant, and (IX) an exotic atmosphere bigworld form the outer system. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(III) Denirad is designated the mainworld. It orbits Azabar at a mean distance of 0.64 AU (95.7 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 203 days 1 hour and a rotation period of 33.5 hours. The axial tilt is 17 degrees. Denirad has a diameter of 10,957 km, a density of 5.46 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 0.85 G. The world is geologically active. Its atmosphere is rated as Standard, Tainted, with a mean surface pressure of 0.94 bar and a composition of 69% nitrogen (N2), 30% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. The taint is caused by the high percentage of atmospheric oxygen. Approximately 60% of the surface is covered in seas of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 0.25m. Mean surface temperature: 27°C. The atmosphere is dynamic and strong weather systems driven by the star and the seas roll across the globe. The climate is seasonal.
- (IIIa) Gaspard (UWP F44536B-A, orbiting at 35 Diameters/385,000 km)
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 377 million km², Water surface area: 226 million km², Land surface area: 151 million km².
Denirad, the mainworld has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
- Gaspard, Denirad's temperate hospitable moon has extensive native life, consisting of microscopic organisms, stromatolite-parallels and primitive flora that can be found in almost every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
The cold marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (IV) has primitive native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in any location where they can find even a minimal trace of shelter and warmth. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Denirad has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class-A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.
- Peace footing (government modifier x1.15). Port Capacity: 920,000 dTons
Port facilities within the system include:
World technology level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovision, Personal Global Communications, and advanced Translators.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Increasingly advanced fusion plants and advanced fuel cells.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Denirad has an Impersonal Bureaucracy government.
- It is a government by agencies which are insulated from the governed.
- The typical power source of this government is an Oligarchy.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Hegemony.
Army of Denirad
950 Battalions, formed into 45 Corps, 22 independent Divisions and various smaller independent and support units. Major formations include:
- 2nd Lift Infantry Corps
- 15th Lift Infantry Corps ("The Fighting 15th")
- 27th (Light) Lift Infantry Corps
- 32nd Lift Infantry Corps
- 29th (Senatorial Guard) Lift Infantry Division
- 71st Assault Division
- 1st Armored Corps
- 3rd Armored Corps
- 200th Heavy Armored Division
- 315th Reconnaissance Regiment ("Rogel's Rangers")
- 1st Marine Corps
- 1st Marine Armored Division
- 100th Drop Division
- 101st Drop Division
- Special Forces
- 40th (Strategic Operations) Brigade
- 999th (Psi) Regiment
- Planetary Defense
- 14th (Heavy) PD Division
- 31st (Static) PD Division
- 33rd (Static) PD Division
- 47th (Mobile) PD Division
- Resources: C (Very abundant)
- Labor: 7 (Tens of millions)
- Infrastructure: 7 (Generally available)
- Efficiency: −1 (Average)
A number of important companies have their headquarters at Denirad:
- BioProduktie GmbH
- Homogeneity: 6 (Harmonious)
- Acceptance: A (Very friendly)
- Strangeness: 6
- Symbols: C
- A former member of the Second Confederation.
- A former member of the Halcyonic New Republic.
- A former member of the Grand Ascendency.
- A former member of the Scybrian Polyarchy.
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|