Delta Cephei (world)
|Delta Cephei/Araniopa (The Beyond 2922)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Hard Times (1130)|| |
|Primary||G1 Ib B8 IV|
Delta Cephei is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and is also a low-population vacuum environment with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It a client state of the Third Imperium in the Araniopa Subsector of The Beyond Sector.
- This world is also known on some star charts by the name: Delta Cephei Base or Delta Base. 
- This world has sometimes been listed erroneously as T'Mek 4.987 on some older Imperial star charts. 
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
A double star, the brighter component of what is the historically important variable star which gave its name to the class of stars known as the "cepheids". Delta Cephei was discovered in -2737, or 1784 A.D. in Terran dating. Thirty times the diameter of Sol, its apparent magnitude varies from a maximum of 3.3 to a minimum of 4.5 in highly regular periods of 5 days, 8 hours, 47 minutes and 39 seconds T.S. (Terran Standard). It is the oldest of the known cepheids. Orbiting Delta Cephei and its companion in a highly eccentric orbit is Delta Base/Araniopa (The Beyond 2922 B000327-A), established as a research station to determine whether Humaniti can adapt to such variations in a primary. Delta Cephei's dim companion is a blue star, nicknamed "Old Blue" by the base's chief astronomer, which has an apparent magnitude of 7.5.
Binary Solar System
Delta Cephei Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Delta Cephei Primary Primary Yellow G1 Ib Delta Cephei A Delta Cephei Companion Secondary Blue-White B8 IV Delta Cephei B ("Old Blue")
History & Background (Dossier)
Delta Cephei has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|