Delgado was originally a contract manufacturer of military hardware, and transformed itself into a broad-spectrum conglomerate with extensive holdings in heavy mineral mining and refining, publishing, antiquities trading, and recently, the toy industry. Founded in 997.
Delgado Trading is one of the thirteen Imperial MegaCorporations in operation in 1116.
- Antiquities Trading
- Interstellar Shipping & Trade
- Military Hardware
- Recreational Products
Delgado Trading, LIC: Originally a manufacturer of military hardware and widely-known for their work in miniaturization, Delgado has extensive holdings in heavy mineral mining and refining, publishing, antiquities trading, and recently, the toy industry.
Stock ownership (1116):
- Imperial family—5%
- Delgado family—47%
- Noble families—27%
- Shiishuginsa family - 6%
- Private ownership—21%
- Zirunkariish - 6%
History and background
Founded in 997, Delgado is the youngest of the megacorporations.
History-Era: New Era
Former Imperial megacorporation still in existence in the Regency and the Spinward States. Delgado specialised in an odd trifecta of publishing, mining and miniaturization. Since the Collapse, the surviving parts of the company have sold or spun off all of their publishing wing, and expanded into new nanotechnology and micromanufacturing industries. Whereas many Imperial era corps have stagnated in the face of new local competition and more stringent Regency regulation, Delgado has forged ahead in research and development, and has been a leader in microengineering and Viral countermeasure technology. Delgado and General Products run the joint venture General Mechanics corporation.
World Listing: 1116
References and contributors
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (A-M) (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 41.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Companion (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 40.
- Rob Caswell. "Megacorporations in the Rebellion Era." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 18-26.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), .Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 87.
- External Link: Peter Gray - Gray Matter
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science