|No. of Worlds||8|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 50%|
|Secondary Control||Sath Exploration (SaXX) - 50%|
|Imperial Coordinate||-16 / -14|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Description
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 Sector Summary
- 5 History & Background
- 6 References & Contributors / Sources
A sector located to rimward-trailing of the Distant Fringe proper. It is located almost entirely within the Great Void. The spinward-coreward corner of the sector forms part of the Hak'tha Spread, a loose cluster of stars. The positions and types of its stars have been cataloged as part of the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 85 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Deep Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 20 parsecs to spinward-coreward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Deep Sector.
No polities exist within Deep Sector. The Sath Alliance claims sovereignty over the whole of Deep Sector, a claim that provides them with an area of (albeit empty) territory that far exceeds that held by humans.
Populations of the following races (sophont species) are known to inhabit Deep Sector:
The following languages are among the most commonly spoken within Deep Sector:
No information yet available.
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
History & Background
Deep Sector was first named and charted by human settlers from the Last Armada when they arrived in the Distant Fringe region over 3 millennia ago. The first Sophonts known to have deliberately entered the Sector were the Sath crew of the Hiishiiha, in 5338AD.
Deep Sector has remained uninhabited throughout almost the whole of its history. The first (and only) settlement within the sector was founded on the garden world of Chiik, a little under a decade ago.
Around 5450AD the Sath achieved a domestic Tech Level of 11, gaining the ability to construct their own Jump-2 capable DeVoss-type Jump Drives. Prior to this Jump-2 drives were only available from human sources and in extremely short supply.
Since 5550AD the Shikh’aa Faction have been constructing the enormous Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint in hex 3038 of Far Home Sector, opening the possibility of regular Jump-2 travel between the Sath Alliance and the Hak'tha Spread.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Deep sector include:
- 2255AD Deep Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- ca 3550AD Meronatha Swann misjumps into the Hak'tha Spread, possibly into hex 0303 or hex 0402.
- ca 5140AD The Sath launch STL probes towards the Hak'tha Spread from the Sshkih system.
- ca 5270AD Sath STL probes pass through the Hak'tha Spread.
- 5338AD The Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- 5550AD The Sath achieve a domestic Tech Level of 11.
- 5558AD Sath jump-2-capable scouting vessels cross into the Hak'tha Spread using a pre-positioned deep space cache of fuel and supplies that will eventually become the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint.
- 5590AD Construction of a permanent space station begins at the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint.
- 5594AD The first permanent settlement in the Sector is founded at Chiik.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science