A Data Repository is a special facility designed for the storage of immense amounts of valuable data.
- The IISS classifies any system or world with such a facility as a code Ab or "Data Repository" world.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Education in Charted Space
Every race is known to trade in information and store valuable information is centralized locations known as Data Repositories.
- Data Repositories are very often treasure troves of secrets and sensitive data.
- There is no one plan or architectural style for these facilities. In fact, there isn't even a common form of media storage. Storage can range from clay tablets all the way to more technologically advanced data crystals and beyond.
- Furthermore, these facilities are not even limited to one kind of environment. They can be located on vacuum-based space stations to terrestrial planets and more...
History & Background (Dossier)
Most data repositories are heavily guarded and anyone who can acquire such information holds great value.
- The Major Race powers and nearly every Pocket Empire would pay dearly for such information.
- The AAB was a very well-known series of data repositories originally created by the Ziru Sirka and treasured by the later Second and Third Imperiums.
Reference (Imperial Data Repository)
- The site of the Prime Base of the IISS, the University of Aadkhien and the Imperial Encyclopediopolis.
- By definition situated at 10,000 parsecs from the galactic core.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
These special facilties are located throughout Charted Space.
- A few races are known to keep especially high numbers of data repositories and these races include:
World Listing: 1116
References & Contributors / Sources
- T5: Core rules
- Novel: Traveller 5th Edition Agent of the Imperium
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science