Darrians (Alien Module)
Secrets of the Star Trigger
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||Marc W. Miller, Robert Parker, Nancy Parker, Matt Renner|
|ISBN 0-943580-40-4 Product #264|
|Table of Contents|
What makes a small, backwater confederation so important to the sprawling empires the surround it? Why does the Imperium court this minor client state while the Zhodani Consulate refuses to attack them directly? The answer lies in the distant past when the single world of Darrian succeeded in producing stellar flares in its own star and thus stumbled on the secret of the Star Trigger. Unfortunately for them, the flares devastated their civilization, and they took centuries to rebuild. But when faced with Zhodani aggression, the Darrians dug out the old technology and staged a demonstration of their Star Trigger. What aggressor can continue in the face of a threat to their home suns?
Darrian has since lived in a state of uneasy peace with its neighbors. They may argue about minor matters, but no one dares antagonize Darrian on major matters; no one dares risk thie own star to the anger of the owners of the star trigger.
This alien module for Traveller allows players and referees to adventure within the Darrian Confederation, use Darrian players against the background of Darrian society, and learn more about Darrian culture and high technology.
This Alien Module includes:
- Darrian History and Culture: Complete details of the initial settlement of the Darrian homeworld, its later discovery by the Solomani, and the expansion of Darrian into space.
- Darrian Character Generation: Special tables allow generation of Darrian characters which include the Navy, Army, Special Arm, Nobles, Merchants, and Academics.
- Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for High Guard are included (you must have High Guard before you can use them).
- Darrian Word Generation: Details for the Darrian language and tables for the random generation of Darrian words.
- And an Adventure: A group of travellers are selected by a kindly old gentleman to help him in his researches on Darrian, in the Darrian system, and even beyond into the Darrian Confederation.
Table of Contents
Who are the Darrians? 2 History of the Darrian People 6 Darrian Physiology 15 Darrian Technology 16 Darrian Society 18 Government 19 Library Data 22 Initial Character Creation 26 The Darrian Language 30 Darrian Confederation Worlds 32 The Secret of the Star Trigger (adventure) 34 The Structure of Adventures 42 Darrian Enhanced Naval Characters 44
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
- The Darrian TL-16 technology has been a source of fascination to fans for decades.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- Marc W. Miller, Robert Parker, Nancy Parker, and Matt Renner.
- Additional Design
- Roger Moore, Anders Blixt, and Jimmy Long
- Cover Art
- David Deitrick
- Interior Illustrations
- Tim Bradstreet, D.J. Barr, Liz Danforth, and Bryan Gibson
- Art Direction
- Barbie Pratt
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|