|Size||4.0 liters average|
|Weight||0.2 kg average|
- It is a replacement for an organic organ.
- The exact size and dimensions of the stomach is tailored to match the physical characteristics of the recipient.
A cybernetic stomach is a flexible expandable sac designed to hold and process ingested nutrients. The device includes an esophagus connecting to the mouth and an esophageal sphincter, connecting to the intestines. The stomach secretes acid and enzymes that digest food.
- It is powered by tiny thermoelectric generators that produce the needed electrical power from body heat and from chemical reactions within the stomach.
- It may be connected to a Synthetic G-I Tract and a Synthetic Liver to completely replace an individual's digestive system.
The various parts of the stomach, including elements such as the external sac, the internal lining, microelectronics, and connections to the posterior section of the digestive tract are made with biocompatible materials. These may include metal alloys, carbon nanotubes, silicon gels, and layered polymers.
A cybernetic stomach can be modified:
- Toxin Filter: ingested material can be filtered to remove toxins that would cause harm if they were passed into the bloodstream, making the individual immune to all ingested poisons.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mongoose Traveller: Cybernetics Mongoose Publishing 2011, pg 52.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science